ISS GMT’s marine airfares are specifically designed to assist the private yacht industry with all their travel needs when going to/from a private vessel. Some examples of people who qualify for these airfares are:
- Captains and Crew onboard private vessels
- Captains and crew between jobs in possession of a seaman’s book
- Technicians, contractors, surveyors, engineers assigned to service the vessel (At sea or dry dock)
- Workers involved with the maintenance or new build of a private vessel
- Brokers and management staff working with a private vessel
- We can also assist guests onboard private vessels when added to the ship’s manifest with specially negotiated economy, business class, and first class airfares.
As it is a privilege that the airlines extend marine airfares to travelers in this specialized industry, we need to ensure that everyone using marine fares and the associated benefits are qualified. Therefore, we follow the airlines’ policies closely and advise our travelers to carry proof that they are indeed travelling for marine business purposes.
In all cases, people travelling with a marine or seaman air ticket MUST be traveling to/from or in connection with work of a private vessel over 100GWT. You MUST travel with a marine letter on the boat or company letterhead outlining the purpose of your travel. (Boat letterhead, management company letterhead or service company letterhead). You may be asked to produce this documentation during check-in at the airport. Failure to produce proper documentation may result in denied boarding by the airline.
If you qualify, our staff is on hand 24/7 via email, online booking form, phone, fax, live support,or text to handle your requests.
Once suitable flights are found and a method of payment agreed upon, we will ask you to confirm all details before issuing the ticket. Most tickets we issue are electronic tickets delivered via e-mail, however in certain circumstances; we still issue paper and prepaid tickets.
ISS GMT’s marine airfares are available to most worldwide destinations, and have enabled many companies in the Private Yachting industry improve operating efficiencies and reduce costs considerably.
We offer a 24-hour booking service via any of our worldwide offices. All of our offices are owned and supported by ISS GMT staff and are not subcontracted to any concessions. We hope you will contact us for a quote in the near future.