Cheers To The Season Of Giving Back
28th November 2018
Around this time of year we give thanks for our many blessing of family, friends, life, liberty and freedom. Families and individuals in cities across the country go without meals due to a variety of unfortunate circumstances and often it’s the simple things in life that get overlooked or taken for granted.
This year at the ISSGMT Global Marine Travel headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Carlos Garcia, Supervisor of Air/Sea Operations, took it upon himself to organize a Thanksgiving food drive for Camillus House. A non-profit organization that has provided humanitarian services to the indigent and homeless populations of Miami-Dade County, Florida for more than 50 years.
For one month, canned and dried goods were collected in a large box located next to the Air/Sea Department. Gradually the box of goods began to fill up from individual donations. To mark the end of the food drive, Carlos announced, “This morning I delivered to Camillus House the donations collected from our food drive. They were very appreciative of our thoughts and effort. Even though the food drive was big in hope and small in scope, it was a great success. Thank you for giving everyone a reason to be thankful this Holiday Season.”
We applaud people like Carlos who take time to give to others who may be down on their luck. With the generous donations given to the Camillus House by the local community, over 400 people in the Miami-Dade area enjoyed a traditional Thanksgiving meal.
It’s never too late to give back. Below are some possible ways to get involved this season:
- Participate in #GIVINGTUESDAY, a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world come together to celebrate generosity and to give. Try searching for a local organization near you to find out more about how you can get involved not just on the National Day of Giving, but any day of the week.
- Send a care package to our troops overseas. A simple care package with daily necessities and treats can be a great pick-me-up for military men and women stationed around the globe who are unable to make it home during the holidays. Use services like AnySoldier.com to send your support and encouragement to those abroad.
- Support clean water access for remote communities among other projects with YachtAid Global. YAG is dedicated to providing unified humanitarian aid, conservation, and disaster relief to coastal communities with the help of vessel owners, crew and industry professionals.
- Your help and donations don’t have to come in the form of money, volunteer at your local soup kitchen or nursing home. You’ll be guaranteed to put a smile on someone’s face.
ISSGMT Global Marine Travel would like to thank all of you for being loyal customers and wish you a wonderful Holiday Season. Remember, you can count on us 24/7/365 in the event your travel plans change unexpectedly during the holidays. Someone is always here to answer your call or email. Click here to request a quote online or call:
USA +1 954 761 9595 / Toll Free +1 866-746-8872
UK +44 1304 898123
Europe +34 871 570 772
Philippines +63 2 864 6464
Canada +1 604 734 7670 / Toll Free: +1 877 734 7670
Safe and happy travels!Back to News
Talk to one of our team
We're Always Open
Call or Email Us
- Fort Lauderdale HQ +1 954 761 9595
- US Toll free +1 866 746 8872
- Glasgow +44 141 305 1224
- Philippines (Manila) +63 2 88 64 64 64