Global Marine Travel (GMT) whose largest global office is located in Makati, Manila has recently been working with Air Juan a Seaplane company whose planes land and take off in Manila Bay.
The seaplanes use Subic Bay as a base which sits in Luzon - the northernmost island group of the Philippines, and is also the country’s largest and most populous island. It’s known for its mountains, beaches, coral reefs, rich history and center of government, making this destination an excellent choice for superyacht captains looking to provide memorable guest programs alongside the proper provisioning and land-based support networks.
Word is now spreading to the yachting community that Subic Bay is fast becoming a hub for superyachts visiting the area as there are many first class facilities available in Subic including, dockage, refueling opportunities, dry dock facilities and experienced port agency services such as South Pac Diversified Services, Inc. (SPDS) – headed up by former superyacht Captain Brian Gillies and his wife Bhing.
Recently the Air Juan seaplanes have been chartered to fly down island to resupply superyachts with provisions and to facilitate crew changes making the process as quick and seamless as possible.
“It’s an excellent service and badly needed in the Manila area,” stated Tim Davey president of GMT. “The Philippines have so much to offer outside of Manila for the superyacht community and now that we have the ability to charter seaplanes locally, we can increase service to our clients in the area. I encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the Subic Bay area and the options that are available to superyachts,” Davey added.
Here are a few reasons why we love seaplanes:
.1. Seaplanes offer a completely seamless experience from land to air to sea. Especially for those landing near a yacht or remote island resort, the seaplane can shave valuable time off the overall transit time.
2. They can be quite the experience! The amphibious aircraft can offer spectacular views and an eye-opening sense of arrival to your ultimate destination be it an island or yacht.
3. Turboprop aircraft are generally known as efficient, reliable aircraft and when modified, seaplanes are usually very safe, “workhorse” planes.
4. Seaplanes are often a much more cost-effective option than traditional private jets due to their efficiency and short range.
5. Particularly in peak seasons, a seaplane can help when other airport options fail.
Whether cruising the islands of Luzon, Visayas, or Palawan, contact any of our travel agents 24/7/365 at GMT to find out more about how we can help transport your vessel’s crew, guests and provisions via seaplane:
- Manila: +63 2-864-6464
- US HQ: +1 954-761-9595
- EU: +34 871-570-772
- Additional Global Contact Details