Singapore Airlines Transit Update Through Changi Airport
23rd February 2021
Eligible Itineraries for Transit
SIA, SilkAir and Scoot customers can transit through Singapore Changi Airport from approved cities to destinations in the SIA Group network currently operated by SIA, SilkAir or Scoot.
You can transit through Singapore if your flight itinerary meets either of the following:
- You are departing from a city approved for transit flights through Singapore. For example, passengers may depart from Bangkok and transit through Singapore to Melbourne as Bangkok is among the list of departure cities for transit flights. Some of the selected cities are: Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Paris, Manila, Amsterdam
- You are connecting to a city approved for transit flights, before transiting through Singapore to your final destination. In such instances, your first point of departure should be from the countries listed here. For example, Vientiane – Kuala Lumpur – Singapore – Melbourne.
- The same requirements apply for return flights.
- Transfers to destinations in Mainland China are currently also not allowed.
- Singapore has unilaterally lifted border restrictions with Australia; Brunei; China; New Zealand; and Taiwan, China. Do note that passengers transiting through one of these unilaterally opened (UO) countries/regions to connect to a flight to Singapore to reach their final destination, must ensure that they do not originate from or transited through a non-UO country/region prior to entering these UO countries/regions. For example, Fiji – Auckland – Singapore – London is not allowed.
- Travellers with a travel history to South Africa and United Kingdom within the past 14 days, with the exception of Singapore citizens and Singapore permanent residents, will not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore. More info:
- Please see attached the cities approved for transit and list of behind cities.
Transfers between airlines
- Customers should book the full journey on one ticket, instead of splitting it up into separate tickets, to comply with regulatory requirements during this period.
- SIA has interline agreements with Air France and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Lufthansa and Swiss International Air Lines which allows their customers to transit through Singapore Changi Airport from cities approved for transit flights to destinations in the SIA Group network.
- Transfers in Singapore are only allowed on flights between airlines within the SIA Group (Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and Scoot), as well as passengers flying with Lufthansa and Swiss International Air Lines to Singapore.
- Do note that TR is not included in the interline agreement (same as pre-covid). Customers from TR can only connect to SQ/MI/TR.
- Transit and non-transit passengers will be kept apart at Changi Airport. Certain transit measures however do not apply to transit passengers from countries/regions which Singapore has unilaterally lifted border restrictions. These are Australia; Brunei; China; New Zealand; and Taiwan, China.
- For more information on the transit journey, please visit this link. Please note that transit time in Singapore should not exceed 48 hours.
- Transit hotels in Changi Airport: Click here
- Singapore Airlines is committed to the well-being of our customers and has precautionary measures in place to ensure their health and safety throughout their journey. More details can be found here.
- For Covid-19 related travel information, please visit our dedicated Information Centre.
- Travel information by destination: View the latest travel advisories and subscribe to receive updates
- For travel restrictions and advisories of other destinations, please visit the IATA Travel Centre for the latest updates.
- For the latest Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flight schedules, please refer here.
- Please refer here for Scoot flight schedules.
If you have any further questions, please contact your airline or reach out to one of our dedicated GMT travel agents. We are ready to give you live support 24/7/365.Back to News
Talk to one of our team
We're Always Open
Call or Email Us
- Fort Lauderdale HQ +1 954 761 9595
- US Toll free +1 866 746 8872
- Glasgow +44 141 305 1224
- Philippines (Manila) +63 2 88 64 64 64