Global Marine Travel offers a full full and flexible British Airways product for Marine, Energy and Offshore customers covering a global network. The product is designed to support those who work at sea and are sold via specialist Marine and Offshore Travel Agents like GMT. British Airways Marine and Offshore Fares also fully integrated with Iberia, American Airlines and airlines within the oneworld® alliance, as well as other partners.
British Airways celebrated its 100th anniversary on 25 August, 2019. The airline can trace its origins back to the birth of civil aviation. In it centenary year, British Airways received the following awards: Best Short-Haul Airline, The Times and Sunday Times, Best Airline Staff in Europe, Skytrax, Best Short-Haul Carrier, Best Airport Lounge, Best Frequent Flyer Programme, Best Service or Product Innovation, Business Traveller.
The airline has recently introduced four new aircraft types to the British Airways fleet: the Airbus A350 and Boeing 787-10 and 777-9 for long-haul and the A320 and 321neos for short-haul. By 2020, British Airways received 100 new aircraft in less than a decade, including new interiors for 128 of its long-haul aircraft.
BRITISH AIRWAYS’ PROTECTIVE MEASURES
Customers can travel in absolute confidence knowing that safety is at the heart of British Airways’ business. The airline has introduced a range of measures, to look after the safety and wellbeing of its customers and crew. These include:
- checking-in online, downloading their boarding pass and where possible self-scanning their boarding passes at the departure gate
- observing social distancing where possible and using hand sanitisers that are placed throughout airports
- wearing a facemask at all times and bringing enough to replace them every four hours for longer flights
- asking customers not to travel if they think they have any symptoms of Covid-19
- cabin crew wearing PPE and a new food service, which reduces the number of interactions required with customers
- asking customers to ensure they have everything they need from their hand luggage before departure, and where possible, storing their carry-on bag under the seat in front of them
- providing customers with a personal protection pack including a sealable disposal bag, hand sanitising gel and an antibacterial wipe
The airline is cleaning all key surfaces including seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables after every flight and each aircraft is completely cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air onboard all British Airways flights is fully recycled once every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which remove microscopic bacteria and virus clusters with over 99.9% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.
Cruise Ship Interiors Expo
Cruise Ship Interiors Expo America (CSI) is the global platform for designers, architects, outfitters, shipyards and interior suppliers working in the cruise industry. Doubling in size since its launch in 2019, the award-nominated event has been hailed a major success and is seen as the premier exhibition and conference by all of the industry’s key […]
This year we are attending the Posidonia Shipping exhibition. The event is a chance for the Greek shipping industry to connect with the rest of the world. At this event, the latest developments and offerings from the shipping world will be on show for visitors to experience.